St. Vrain State Park, near present-day Firestone, was originally the location where Fort Junction, was built. Between 1863 and 1865. In 1872, the McKissick brothers opened the Colorado’s first production coal mine (a mine requiring tunnels, mining equipment and employees), located where today’s Saddleback Golf Course is in Firestone. The mine was eventually sold to Jacob H Firestone in 1907 for which the town is named. The town of Firestone was one of three coal mining towns northeast of Erie (Firestone, Frederick and Dacono), commonly referred to as the Tri-Towns or the Carbon Valley. In 2000 the population was at 1,908 and in 2014 - 11,537. Zip Code: 80520
© 2011-2020 REcolorado® - All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer
Accessibility: ColoProperty.com® is conducting periodic site audits in order to identify potential accessibility issues and is implementing changes to improve accessibility. For more information, contact ColoProperty.com®.